Belarusian State Medical University
Aspiring Sri Lankan medical students now have the unparalleled opportunity to study at a leading Global University in Belarus. Belarusian State Medical University, commonly known as BSMU, is the leading higher medical educational institution in Belarus and holds a strong international reputation across various disciplines.
Consistently ranked higher for international medical education and quality of the curriculum, BSMU is the perfect option for local students looking for affordable yet globally recognised medical degrees.
- Recognised by Sri Lanka Medical Council (SLMC)
- Globally recognised by the World Health Organization (WHO), General Medical Council (GMC), Australian Medical Council (AMC), Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) and other medical bodies.
- Ranked 1 state medical university.
- Ranked 745th globally.
- 100 years of excellence (1921-2021)
- Clinical training is conducted in 70 teaching hospitals.
- The best medical university with state-of-the-art facilities in the capital city of Minsk, including 6 research laboratories and 100 researchers and technical specialists.
- English medium curriculum.
- Lowest tuition fee ($5200 per annum) and lowest living cost ($100-$120 per month).
- 100% visa guaranteed (T&C Apply)
- Collaborations with 25 international corporations around the world. (USA, Canada, UK, Germany, Italy, Australia, Russia, China, Japan etc.)
- Foreign medical licensing exam perpetration within the curriculum. (ERPM-Sri Lanka, PLAB-UK, USMLE-USA, AMC -Australia)
About the Campus
Education at the University is practice-oriented, and the duration of Doctor of Medicine (MD) is six years. On average, 70% of classes are either tutorials or practicals in labs.
The first three years are focused on theoretical knowledge. From the 2nd year onwards, the educational process at the clinical departments is organised at the premises of the medical institutions of the Ministry of Health, Including clinical training at 70 teaching hospitals which creates all the necessary facilities for students to acquire the knowledge and skills required by the curriculum. From the 3rd year onwards, the students undergo practical training supervised by highly qualified specialists and professors of Belarus’s affiliated health care institutions.
Faculties of the Belarusian State Medical University:
- Faculty of General Medicine (ENGLISH MEDIUM CURRICULUM)
- Faculty of Preventive Medicine
- Faculty of Paediatrics
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Military Medicine
Research & Development
For many years BSMU has been the only educational institution of the Republic of Belarus as the leading organisation pursuing two-state scientific and technical programs.
BSMU has excellent research facilities encompassing the Central Research Laboratory that has been functioning since 1954. In 2012 it was reorganised into a Research Division with 6 research laboratories and 8 scientific groups with about 100 researchers and technical specialists.
Regarding research volume and scope, the level of material and technical equipment and personnel involved in the Research Division is comparable with the entire health care research institute.